FE Teacher and Trainer Qualifications Review
One of the main recommendations from the interim report of the Independent Review of Professionalism led by Lord Lingfield, was a review of the FE and Skills teaching qualifications. This review was led by LSIS, working collaboratively with the sector.
The review took place in three phases:
In phase one, we carried out a series of initial conversations with employers, sector membership bodies and other stakeholders to inform the scope and focus of the review and develop proposals for new qualifications.
During phase two we sought views and comments from the sector on the proposed changes. This took place between 15 October and 26 November 2012.
The report from phase two which summarises feedback received about proposed changes is now available:
In Phase 3, we worked with awarding organisations, higher education institutions, employer membership bodies and other stakeholders to develop the following guidance for the new teaching qualifications:
- Guidance for employers and practitioners, explaining the new qualifications.
- Teaching and Training Qualifications for the Further Education and Skills Sector in England (2013) Guidance for employers and practitioners (March 2013).
- A presentation explaining the new qualifications..pdf
- Technical guidance for awarding organisations and higher education providers to inform the design of the generic and specialist qualifications they will develop for regulation by Ofqual or validation by their own institutions.
- Guidance for initial teacher education providers.pdf
For further information on the FE Teacher and Trainer Qualifications Review, please email FE Advice or call 0300 303 1877.
Last updated: 23 April 2013